Weekly Meal Plan 10/25 - 11/1

It's finally Halloween week! Our house loves Halloween and spooky things and I look forward to this all year! We started off our weekend early we made mummy pizzas on Thursday night and I had a fantastic sous chef to help me perfectly place all the ingredients. Kellen had a blast putting these together and we all enjoyed eating gobbling them up!


On Friday,  Ron and I met my Dad for dinner at our favorite steak place and it was fantastic. Kellen was at Ron's parents and my mom was out of town for the weekend. We shared a scallop appetizer and I had shrimp bisque with a grilled ribeye with bleu cheese and mustard sauce.  Ron and I went home after and cashed on the couch 15 minutes into a show....we are so exciting. 

On Saturday, I was up early and did a little grocery shopping before we headed to pick up Kellen. After getting Kellen and grabbing lunch we headed home a a quick nap before we went to Heritage Hill's Grimm's Brothers Halloween night. This is one of my favorite Halloween activities and it was as fun as ever! There were plenty treats to be had and lots of fun games to play.  Kellen loved meeting the different characters and trying his hand at apple snap (trying the grab and apple on a string without using your hands!).  We were suppose to meet a few friends, but everyone have a nasty coughing bug and stayed in. We had it last month and it was terrible! Here are a few pictures of us:

My pumpkin


Ron and Kellen running ahead


Family Shot


After Heritage Hill, we headed home to warm-up and grab dinner and relax before bedtime. 

On Sunday, I did a little cooking before getting ready to get my sister and nephew for a kids day at a local haunted house.  The haunted house opens twice in the month of October for a kid friendly day. The lights are on and they cover up a lot of the gory stuff. My nephew wanted to turn back once, but kept going and really enjoyed the afternoon (especially the candy bag at the end).

 Afterwards, we grabbed lunch and headed home. Later in the evening they stopped at our house for pumpkin carving, pizza and a movie!

This week we are having a few Halloween themed meals and getting ready for trick or treat and some family fun on Saturday! 

Have a great week!

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Chicken Dumpling Soup
Tuesday:  Worm Sandwiches and Oven Fries
Wednesday: Out
Thursday: Meatball and Rice One-Pot and Green Beans
Friday: Out
Saturday: Halloween Dinner: Mummy Dogs and Pizza
Sunday: Scalloped Potatoes and Ham & Salad

Labels: