Weekly Meal Plan 12/28 - 1/3

Christmas really went by in a wink this year! I hope all of you had a lovely holiday! 

We celebrated with my family on Thursday and Ron's family on Friday. We had a wonderful time at both and it never ceases to amaze me how spoiled we are by our families. I don't just mean with gift that things like that, but the time set aside by everyone to have a nice day together is the most meaningful thing of all. My Dad and I cooked Christmas Eve dinner and I got to relax the following day and my Mother-in-Law prepared a delicious meal. 

Kellen was just as fun as he was last year. He got into Santa this year and loved asking questions about the different holiday traditions. 

Here are a few snap shots of our holiday celebrations:








The remainder of our break was spent relaxing. I have had a little cough for almost three weeks and it starter to get worse over the weekend and resting was just what the doctor ordered. I am still feeling a little cruddy, but am on the mend. 

On Monday night almost a foot of snow dropped! A little late for a white Christmas, but it was beautiful none the less. What isn't beautiful is digging out the driveway in the morning....my poor husband. After years of resisting I think it is finally time to get a new snow plow.  Tonight I am headed to dinner with a friend and then home to relax. Ron and I have been watching the Netflix series, "Making a Murderer" and are hooked. The series is about Steven Avery and both of his convictions. The events took place about 30 minutes from here and it is a very well known case in our area. Avery served 18 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit and a few years after his release he was charged with murder a young area woman. I read the prosecutor's book this summer and found it really interesting and this series is not disappointing either. 

Havea  great week everyone and good luck to those who are also snowed in! 

Monday: Chili
Tuesday: Sub Sandwiches and Chips
Wednesday: Out for Dinner
Thursday: New Year's Eve- Menu TBA....
Friday: Slowcooker Burgundy Beef Roast, Roasted Garlic Au Gratin Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli
Saturday: Round Robin with Ron's Family/ Taco Soup for Dinner
Sunday: Last Regular Season Packer Game! Grilled Brats, Sauerkraut, Baked Beans, Potato Salad and Cookies

Labels: