Weekly Meal Plan 2/29 - 3/6

Sunday night already? Time is going too fast these days and I have such mixed feelings about it. I am happy because it is closer to meeting our baby boy, but it means fewer days to relish time with Kellen as my only little guy! I imagine that that this is a very common  for parent expecting their second baby and I know it will be great, but (like when you have your first baby, visualizing it before it happens is hard! 

This weekend we took advantage of the weather. We grilled burgers on Friday nights and headed to the Wildlife Sanctuary for a second weekend n a row with friends. We always have so much fun there and I love that the kids can touch everything and are encouraged to explore!  We climbed in turtle shells, splashed in puddles and fed a deer!


After we played we went to Culver's for lunch for sandwiches. Kellen and I shared a strawberry shake for a treat! While Kellen napped I started a new soup recipe in our slow cooker. Ron was working so Kellen and I enjoyed tomato soup and grilled cheese while watching The Good Dinosaur. 

This morning I was greeted by a monster.  I love this his sense of humor. I was sound asleep and he crawled in bed and waited till I woke up. I love it because it is totally something I would do and find lots of humor in.


After my monster got ready, we went to the grocery store and then home so I could work on a few recipes. I met my friend Kelly (and fellow mommy-to-be) for brunch and ordered a S'mores Hot Chocolate. Oh.My.God. It was delicious. The restaurant makes their own mix and it was topped with 3 toasted marshmallows, teddy grahams and chocolate. I ordered a quinoa and kale veggie burger with poached eggs and asparagus to help balance it out! 


When I got home Kellen and Ron were out working on the yard and we shortly headed for naps. I was able to get a few photos done during nap time before the SNOW started. I was hoping that we were beyond the now, but I guess not yet! We have been bumming around tonight, eating tacos and watching the Oscars. I am rooting for Leo. I have been a lifelong Leo lover and am hoping he wins tonight!

This week we have the usual swim, but we are headed to Milwaukee to see Daniel Tiger later in the week! It is also Ron's 40th birthday on Friday! Lots to celebrate this week!

Have a great week everyone!

Monday: Mac and Cheese and Smoked Sausage after Swim
Tuesday: Meatball Sub Casserole and Peas 
Wednesday: Dinner in Milwaukee for Daniel Tiger
Thursday:  Steak Fajitas with Jalapeno Cream Sauce, Rice and Beans
Friday: Out for Fish for Ron's Birthday
Saturday: Date Night
Sunday: Grilled Steaks with Blue Cheese,  Loaded Cauliflower Casserole and Grilled Asparagus

Labels: