Weekly Meal Plan 8/29 - 9/4

The last week of August...... I don't know about you, but my summer has flown by faster than ever before.  My life has been adjusting to two children over the past 5 months and many things have fallen by the wayside, but my family is doing well and we are all finding out roles as a party of 4. 

This weekend was a relaxing weekend for mom and dad. My mom was nice enough to bring Kellen to their cottage in Door County Friday and Saturday night and that meant that we were down a child for the weekend. I never realized how busy we were until we just had Rowan to focus on this weekend. On Friday, we had dinner at one of our favorite places, Nicky's and relaxed at home with an early bedtime. 

Saturday morning I went to my Pure Barre class and got my shake on. I absolutely adore this class and love the owner and her instructors. Pure Barre is challenging, but I have noticed such a positive difference in my body and have become positively addicted. Ron headed down to Milwaukee for his fantasy football draft and I did a few chores around the house and made a big batch of freezer salsa. In the evening we grilled steaks and I headed to see Bad Moms  with my friend Emily. She is due with her second in a few weeks and we are getting in our adult time as we can! 

Sunday morning I went to my other weekly Pure Barre class with two friends and we bummed around Target afterwards. This afternoon has been filled with grocery shopping and meal prepping for the week. Kellen is on his way home from the cottage and we are planning to grill burgers and a trip to the park is hopefully in the cards to finish off the weekend. 

This coming week Kellen is ending his summer program at Montessori and will be on break for a few days. I am still so happy we made the change from Kellen's daycare to this model of learning. Kellen really seems to love it and I am so happy to see him learning so many new and fun things (this past week was space week!). 

Here are a few snaps from this week:



Here is what is on tap for meals this week:

Monday: One-Pot Chicken Feta Alfredo and Salad
Tuesday: Taco Rice Bake
Wednesday: Thai Take-Out
Thursday: Grilled Chicken Caprese, Cous Cous and Salad
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Dinner in Door County
Sunday: Grilled Brats, Potato Salad, Baked Beans and Corn

Labels: